Author: jamaapoa
•Monday, November 24, 2008
On the first day, God created the dog. God said, "Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes by and I'll give you a lifespan of 20 years." The dog said, "That's too long to be barking. Give me ten years and I'll give you the other ten back," and God agreed.

On the second day, God created the monkey, and God said, "Entertain people, do monkey tricks, make them laugh. I'll give you a 20-year lifespan." The monkey said, "How boring. Monkey tricks for 20 years? I don't think so. The dog gave you back ten, so that's what I'll do, too, okay?" And God agreed.

On the third day, God created the cow. God said, "You must go out in the field with the farmer all day long, suffer under the sun, have calves, give milk to support the farmer. I'm going to give you a lifespan of 60 years." The cow said, "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for 60 years. Let me have 20 and I'll give you back the other 40." And God agreed.

On the fourth day, God created man. God said, "Eat, sleep, play, marry, enjoy your life. I'll give you 20 years." Man said, "What? Only 20 years? I'll tell you what, I'll take my 20, add the 40 the cow gave you back, the ten the monkey gave you back, and the ten the dog gave you back. That makes 80, okay?" "Okay," God said. "You've got a deal."

So, that is why the first 20 years of our lives we eat, sleep, play, and enjoy ourselves. For the next 40 years, we slave in the sun to support our family. For the next 10 years, we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren. For the last 10 years, we sit on the front porch and bark at everybody that goes by. You have just had life explained to you.

Running with the Giants
- Sermon by John C. Maxwell
|
This entry was posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: