Author: jamaapoa
•Thursday, May 10, 2007
I am barely recovering from the Fifth of May 2007 Saturday morning news thunderbolt. Coincidentally, KQ flight 507 crashed on 5/07 date. A lot of questions but I will leave that to the investigators to tell us, hopefully.

The theme of death and human mortality has silently featured in my blog posts, a subtle background drive. I am sure it is a way of coping with my losses, some of which I have taken rather long to recover from. This tragedy in more ways than just being a Kenyan has put a toil on my mind and heart, I am in grief.


My sincere condolences to all those who lost their loved ones and to the KQ community. The way Kenya Airways MD, Titus Naikuni and his crisis management team have so far handled the crash despite the bottlenecks in Cameroon is laudable.


Paul the preacher once said that a time is coming when we will victoriously look at death in the eye and ask it/him/her ‘Oh death where is your victory, oh death where is your sting?’ in retrospect to the agony and heartache it caused us when we were on earth. That is a Christian viewpoint. When death strikes, anything that gives us hope and consoles our hearts that we are not as helpless as death trauma constantly reminds us, is welcome.


I also take this opportunity to express my distaste to a thread that ran on Stocks Kenya about KQ share price. While KQ will have to deal with business consequences that may arise from such a tragedy, it is unfortunate that “junk” investors would run such a thread on a Kenyan site hours after such a tragedy.


This is no different from a businessman who runs to an accident scene where his driver and delivery van are involved. He then starts concentrating on the condition and recoverability of his van unmindful of his van driver trapped inside.


Either way KQ is strong with strong business fundamentals which investors should research on or rely on qualified investment advice, not the junk tips and rumour tendencies that run on blogs and Kenyan forums. I am not in any way demonizing them, they have helped increase stock market awareness which is good for Kenya. However everyone (especially potential investors) should take what is posted on these sites with a pinch of salt.


In an UNRELATED loss, FarmGal pole sana. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of your family.

|
This entry was posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On May 10, 2007 9:49 am , Anonymous said...

thanks!

 
On May 17, 2007 8:58 am , jamaapoa said...

@Farmgal, God bless

 
On June 25, 2007 3:00 pm , Unknown said...

About 3 years ago I dropped into a black hole – four months of absolute terror. I wanted to end my life, but somehow [Holy Spirit], I reached out to a friend who took me to hospital. I had three visits [hospital] in four months – I actually thought I was in hell. I imagine I was going through some sort of metamorphosis [mental, physical & spiritual]. I had been seeing a therapist [1994] on a regular basis, up until this point in time. I actually thought I would be locked away – but the hospital staff was very supportive [I had no control over my process]. I was released from hospital 16th September 1994, but my fear, pain & shame had only subsided a little. I remember this particular morning waking up [home] & my process would start up again [fear, pain, & shame]. No one could help me, not even my therapist [I was terrified]. I asked Jesus Christ to have mercy on me & forgive me my sins. Slowly, all my fear has dissipated & I believe Jesus delivered me from my “psychological prison.” I am a practicing Catholic & the Holy Spirit is my friend & strength; every day since then has been a joy & blessing. I deserve to go to hell for the life I have led, but Jesus through His sacrifice on the cross, delivered me from my inequities. John 3: 8, John 15: 26, are verses I can relate to, organically. He’s a real person who is with me all the time. I have so much joy & peace in my life, today, after a childhood spent in orphanages [England & Australia]. God LOVES me so much. Fear, pain, & shame, are no longer my constant companions. I just wanted to share my experience with you [Luke 8: 16 – 17]. God sent his Son into the world to reconcile us to Himself (Col 1: 20.) Jesus Christ came not to tell us the answer to the universal problem of evil, but to overcome evil, sin and death by His everlasting love. Division and dissension, hatred and fear, aggressive power and exploitation could be conquered only by a gentle, suffering love unto death. By freely sacrificing his human life in dying for us, Jesus in His humanity was raised to glory by His Father’s Spirit and is now able to live within us.

Peace Be With You
Micky